Saturday, February 11, 2012

Romance - good reads for Valentine's Day

I don't read MUCH romance, but I do have some favorite authors in that genre.

The first is Nora Roberts. Yes, I read Nora Roberts. Stop sniggering, my librarian friends. We are all entitled to our guilty pleasures. I particularly like her trilogies. My favorite is her Irish trilogy (Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, and Heart of the Sea), followed by her Irish Sisters trilogy (Born in Shame, Born in Ice, Born in Fire). These are older titles, but I have them all in paperback, and read them when I want to visit my Irish book friends. These books have characters with strong women that are on the path to find themselves and along the way fall in love. Of course. It is a romance, after all.

The second is Kristan Higgins.  I picked up Catch of the Day at a book sale, and immediately fell in love with her writing style and characters. They are lovable and real. In fact, I had to stop reading them one after the other because I was gorging myself on romance, which can mess with your head a little bit. You might start expecting your honey to act like a romance character or something. Imagine!

The third is Mindy Klasky. She is strictly listed as romance, more chick lit, but they all have some type of romance in them. Her As You Wish series is cute and fun.

Of course, you can never go wrong with Miss Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, or Persuasion, anyone? The love letter at the end of Persuasion is enough for me. I could read that over and over again and never get tired of it.

There you have it. Snuggle up with some chocolates and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment