Friday, October 21, 2011

Time to Turn the Heat On!


I love fall. The air is crisp, you can actually stay outside for five minutes without sweating, and I get to put on sweatpants.

While I try to stay outside as much as possible, I do sneak in some time for reading. I don't think about the holiday shopping I'm neglecting, or even worry about how my DVR is piling up.

Here is a recent read you might enjoy.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After by Steve Hockensmith. This is the third in a series. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is the first, Dawn of the Dreadfuls is the prequel.


Lizzy and Darcy are back. Lizzy, married and no longer considered a warrior, is bored. Darcy is at a loss on how to please her and make her happy now that she can no longer carry weapons and kill the unmentionables (aka zombies). Unfortunately for them, Darcy is striken with the strange plague and it is up to his family to try to save him before he becomes a zombie himself.


Before I go any further, I have to let you know that I love Jane Austen. I've read her books, I own almost every adaptation of Pride and Prejudice and other novels available on DVD. Lost in Austen is kept permanently on my DVR. I have a healthy respect for Austen and have read several modern "wannabe" Austen books.

That being said...

These books are pure fun. I always imagined that Lizzy would go all Jerry Springer on Lady Catherine de Bourgh if she could. I love that Lizzy appears to take out some of ther aggression on the unmentionables and is a fierce warrior.

If you are a "I can't stand anyone taking any liberties with Jane Austen" kind of person, stay away.

If you think you would like to read about Lizzy and the gang slicing and dicing zombies, this is for you.

Read It!

Similar Reads:
Dawn of the Dreadfuls

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Zombies of Lake Woebegotten

Alice in Zombieland

1 comment: